Progress Update – August 2017
OPENING THE DOOR TO OUR FUTURE
STATUS AS OF AUGUST, 2017
In the Summer of 2016, the Church (UUCSB) undertook a long-term project to repair, restore, and renovate our church buildings. This will include rebuilding the foundation of the Parish Hall, and re-glazing and restoring the windows in the Sanctuary. In addition, there will be other work done as necessary, and as funding permits.
The project will be funded through a long-term Capital Campaign, which will be planned and executed in several phases, over several years. For each phase, once we raise the necessary funds, we will complete sub-projects in order of their urgency and need.
Work that has been completed is struck through.
PART A. Architect’s Recommendations and Priorities:
- Foundation repair under projection at rear of sanctuary – $1,000
- Rebuild/repoint Parish Hall chimney – $600
- Repair fan light and replace broken window at front of Sanctuary – $1,500
- Remove debris, clean, level, area under Parish Hall, cover with plastic – $1,800
- Provide new support posts and retaining planks under Parish Hall – $ 5,000
- Replace skirt walls around base of Parish Hall with vented synthetic material – $19,000
Total Estimate for PHASE ONE: $ 28,900
- Complete Restoration of seven (7) large Sanctuary windows – $40,000
- Mortar joint repointing and renewal of mortar under Sanctuary – $ 1,000
- Replace shingles on rear shed roofs of Sanctuary – $ 300
- Replace shingles on rear shed roofs of Parish Hall – $300
Total Estimate for PHASE TWO: $ 41,600
- Parish Hall Walls and Windows: Replace cracked clapboards, repair rear gable end access door, replace missing trim at cornice, painting and window reglazing – $10,000
- Sanctuary Walls and Windows: Replace cracked clapboards, repair front matched-board siding and misc. trim, reglaze minor windows, and painting – $20,000
Total Estimate for PHASE THREE: $ 30,000
- Central Entrance Area: Replace current concrete platform with new concrete or wood bridge – $10,000-40,000
- Central Entrance Area: Carpentry repairs, reglazing or replacement of windows, and painting – $12,000-20,000
- Central Entrance Area: Landscaping to control water flow, and protect building foundations – $10,000-20,000
Total Estimate for PHASE FOUR: $ 32,000 – 80,000
PART B. UUCSB Community Wish List:
Restore/Repair Organ: Estimate – $80,000-90,000
Replace Heating System: Estimate – $50,000
Replace Floor Coverings in “Connector Area”: Estimate – $15,000
Replace Cupola on Sanctuary Roof: Estimate – $10,000
Add Cushioned Pew Pads to Sanctuary: Estimate – $10,000
15 August 2017 – Peter C Marks – Update opening paragraphs. Strike through completed projects.
30 March 2017 – Peter C Marks – Update of Priority One and Priority Two amounts and Totals.