Progress Update – August 2016
Certain High-Priority Projects have been funded by current Buildings and Grounds Budget, and by the generous donations of our members.
- RE Window Replacement – $1,800 – Underway (window on order)
- Foundation and roof repair on projection at rear of sanctuary – $1,000 – Complete
- Rebuild/repoint Parish Hall chimney – $900 – Complete
- Repair fan light and replace broken window at front of Sanctuary – $3,000 – Underway (Funding to be voted on by congregation September 11)
The Capital Campaign Working Group has met regularly over the Summer, and accomplished the following…
- Working with the Buildings and Grounds Committee and the Finance Committee to allocate available funds for our highest-priority projects
- Collection of documents and other materials and resources, including the Capital Campaign Tool Kit from “Partners for Sacred Places”
- Telephone meeting with Tuomi of “Partners for Sacred Places”
- Discussions with Chris Closs of the “Maine Preservation Commission”
- Consultations with the Sanford Group who built their successful Capital Campaign
- Determination that the Church and surrounding land are within the Saco Downtown Historic District.
- Design of a Campaign Logo by Lynn Jewett (shown on main capital campaign page)