Small Group Ministry
Currently there are no small groups available, but we're always looking for more people to participate so please contact us with your interest!
Who We Are
Small Group Ministry is a network of small groups, whose main objectives are to strengthen the congregation by drawing us into mutual ministry
What We Offer
In small groups of people we will be supported to:
- Develop deeper connections and a caring community within the church.
- Explore and be encouraged on our spiritual paths.
- Serve our greater community.
- Groups will include six to ten members with an 'empty chair' for anyone new who attends.
- Group discussions will be led by trained lay facilitators.
- Groups will provide support for, but not therapy, to participants.
- Group membership may be developed around topics of interest, a common group characteristic, or no obvious commonality at all.
- Groups will meet 1-2 times per month throughout sessions.
- Group participation will be open to all (couples, single adults, women or men only, or a combination) within the geographic reach of the UUCSB.
Each group will be facilitated by a trained, lay leader. Leaders will confer regularly with each other and may coordinate common themes and topics to review. The basic format of each, approximately two hour gathering will include:
- Chalice lighting and greeting
- Check-in for individual sharing about events and feelings from our days
- Reading from hymnal or other source
- Discussion of reading
- Individual summaries of likes about the meeting and wishes for future meetings.
Watch for information through the church newsletter, fill out a registration form (download the PDF below, or pick one up from the church office) or contact:
Randa T: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron F: 207-284-1506
Church Office: 207-282-0062
We're always looking for more participants, but currently there are no small groups available. Please make your interest known by contacting Randa T. [email@example.com] or completing a registration form (below) with the requested information.
SEEKING GROUP LEADERS
If you have experience in small group minsitry or other groups leadership roles and would like to discuss the possibility of becoming a SGM group leader, please contact Randa T. or Ron F. training and support provided.
Download Registration Form
Small Group Registration Form PDF
Link to other SGM resources:
The UU Small Group Ministry Network