The Tracker Organ
This wonderful custom built instrument was commissioned on May 20th, 1901, and built by E.W. Lane of the Waitham Organ Company. It was finished on August 23rd, 1901. Although the purchase of an electric motor to run the air pump had been discussed, a young man was payed $30.00 to hand pump the bellows in 1902. This task appears to have been attended to by the church youth until some time in the 1920s.
Paul Benya has been expertly playing this historic organ for aproximately 25 years.